Saturday 26 January 2013

The Illuminated WIP

I'm currently focusing mainly on the Hobbit stuff but I try to work on some of my Malifaux backlog in the meanwhile. I started working on the last of my Illuminated and while painting her I noticed that the gaps at the sides of her dress are clearly noticeable after some highlights. I thoughts I'd got rid of them but turns out that only black undercoat isn't that good for showing things like these.

Lesson learnt. I had to go over these with GS one more time.

I wasn't sure about the choices of colors for her dress and hair and started considering other options. In the end I chose a bleached purple for the dress. The pic is bad as I took it in artificial light but I'll take a better one once it's finished.

Painting her face was tricky with the tentacles glued in and I knew that I basically had one shot at getting the eyes right. I think I've managed to do that.

I also started working on the evil tadpole. Not sure where I'm going with it but at least it's some start...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...